//some 3rd party need geo

pca trial subscription takeon

howard63 17:11 16 Nov 05

I agreed to take the dvd edition for 3 issues for £1. Firstly I was assured that my cd subscription would be suspended until the dvd trial was over. I said I did not want 2 editions cd and dvd for the same month. Needless to say the first month I got the 2 copies and had to phone in to stop it happening again. I was also told that after receiving the 3rd. months dvd If I did not want to continue the dvds I should phone in and cancel. I got the 3rd. dvd 2 days ago and today was told that they had already taken the direct debit for the dvd edition. So the 3 issue trial is actually 2 issues. The fact that my existing suspended cd subscription is paid for has been ignored. I am so annoyed at this I am tempted to cancel my cd subscription.

oresome 17:26 16 Nov 05

It makes going to the newsagents to collect a copy seem almost effortless.

Forum Editor 17:35 16 Nov 05

I can't answer this for you, but I know a man who can, and I've passed this information on. We should get a response fairly soon.

howard63 20:44 22 Nov 05

Forum Editor - so far I have not heard from the man you know who can.

monstersinc 09:52 24 Nov 05

Dear Howard,
I'm not entirely certain how this has happened, but i will resolve this immediately. My apologies for this error. Please let me know which edition of the magazine you wish to continue receiving and i will organise the financial arrangements accordingly.
Please email me on [email protected] to confirm. I hope that you choose to remain a valued subscriber to PC Advisor.
kind regards
Jim Birch
Subscriptions Manager

howard63 21:58 26 Nov 05

Having sent an e-mail to the subscription dept they now have said they will reimburse me and continue with the cd subscription that was suspended. There was no mention of the farce of a 3 issue trial that was in fact 2 issues only. There was also no mention of the fact that my suspended paid for cd subscription would have been lost if I had not cancelled the dvd issue. As a pensioner who makes very little use of the cd I would like a no cd/dvd edition at a cheaper price.

spuds 23:46 26 Nov 05

At least you got a reply. I tried for the offer, could activate the subscription,sent an email, mentioned it on a post within the PCA forum, and still heard nothing.

Forum Editor 00:01 27 Nov 05

If you're still not happy, email Jim Birch as suggested.

Spuds - why don't you do the same thing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…