PCA readers give Christmas working the thumbs down

wee eddie 22:45 06 Jan 03
  wee eddie 22:45 06 Jan 03

Statistically scewed research, as the site was down for a fair amount of the christmas holiday.

Possibly the PCA staff were not working either.

The catering trade and the entertainment industry were at full stretch.

As a news item it lacks conviction!

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:57 06 Jan 03

Eh?

G

crx16 00:05 07 Jan 03

the bit that tickled me:

"One thing's for sure, most of those who took part in the survey were never too far away from their PCs — Christmas or not — with three readers actually logging on to the site on the big day itself. "

im sure that would of been very different.click here

Pumas 00:24 07 Jan 03

I would have logged on on the day if I could get on to the site.

Forum Editor 01:44 07 Jan 03

what the point of this thread is. I was certainly working over Christmas, and I wasn't alone.

It's not earth-shattering news that the site was difficult to access, but it was through no fault of ours, and these things happen.

wee eddie 18:03 07 Jan 03

While surfing the site I chanced on the "Latest News" column on the right of this page. I copied the thread title from the headline there.

It struck me as something of a tautology, as every time I tried to access the site over the holiday, it was down.

I was in no way commenting on the fact that the site was down, as to me these things are related to the Gods laps, rather than some technical failure.

I was only commenting on the possibility that if the site was down, the response would have been somewhat limited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…