//some 3rd party need geo

PCA new web layout

lixdexik 17:05 16 Oct 03

Well what have they done at PCA??

I have been using a 14" monitor since I got my first computer way back when...Only last week I bought a nice new 19" monitor and as you can imagine the difference was fantastic...But today I log onto the best site on the web, only to find it has been reduced to the size of my old 14" monitor...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PCA fill the screen again

The layout of the site is good. clean, clear and functional. I do like it BUT, It could fill the screen could it not? I feel the links to the various forums at the top of the page are a bit small too, are they not?.

otherwise it is all very good..

Cheers Lixdexik.

Alan Ryan 17:20 16 Oct 03

Knocking about the newly designed site is quicker than before - unless this is a temporary
delusion (illusion ?)

lixdexik 17:27 16 Oct 03

I think it is a bit faster,.

tenaka 17:33 16 Oct 03

Woah, was only on here a couple of hours ago.

My first thought was it looked more American. Dunno why I thought that, just did.

If we are talking niggles though, I run my system at 1280x1024 and on some websites like to increase the text size(IE, VIEW menu, TEXT SIZE). It doesn't work on some sites because of the design, not sure if it's a simple thing to fix, but next time you get your bods to update the site, any chance you ask them to look at that feature?

Widows Son 17:48 16 Oct 03

And say I like it

cyberphobic 18:34 16 Oct 03

I miss the list of most recent threads in each forum on the right hand side of the screen

spuds 19:32 16 Oct 03

I agree with cyberphobic.I seem to have a 3" blank space at the side of the screen now.

Sorry PCA.The new layout, is not one of your better moves.It may grow on me,just like XP?.

Wes Tam ;-) 19:56 16 Oct 03

PCA if you have a 'wish list' could you include having Downloads in date sequence rather than the current alpha sequence?

I don't see the point of having it in alpha sequence when you don't know what you're looking for, and personally I'm not interested in free programs from years ago.

Wes Tam ;-) 19:59 16 Oct 03

forgot to add

cyberphobic and spuds the latest offerings are on the Home Page

Ironman556 20:14 16 Oct 03

It's slightly clearer to navigate, which I spose is good, but what's happened to the width? As bove, not a bad move in layout terms, but if the width could be chaged back, that'd be great.

Aside, what's happening with the poll? We seem to have been on the same one for ages, with the exception of a very brief one on age a few days ago

cottager 21:10 16 Oct 03

I like the new layout very much. Although do agree that the links could be slightly larger especially for folks with sight impairment.
cottager

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…