PCA Disc & The Sale of Goods Act

special_agent 15:42 PM 09 Jan 13

I'm just a bit hacked off. Having received a DVD that will not load on any of 3 machines. Having made a request for a replacement via Customer Services you then wait a week to be told to go to a different PCA Website to input your request. I then jumped through a few hoops (Registration, Email Confirmation, Location of Cover Disc Code, Location of Issue Number etc.) to input my request for a replacement Cover DVD. It's not until you get to the end of logging your delivery details you find PCA will probably take 28 days to replace not the 14 days indicated in the Disc Instructions on the last page of the Magazine Cover Disc Review. By then, several of the 'Full Program' offers on the disc will have expired...! Not very helpful and at no time is there a Sorry! The DVD is not a gift - it is part of the purchase package and in this case not merchantable quality. I'm not impressed.

special_agent 16:38 PM 09 Jan 13

Thanks Jock1e - that was good advice.

special_agent 16:44 PM 09 Jan 13

Pity, just tried the link to Forum Editor Editor only to find it fails to work!

woodchip 20:07 PM 09 Jan 13

Have you tried Copy the DVD to Desktop then start in Safe Mode and Run the Setup from the Copy

Forum Editor 23:02 PM 09 Jan 13

I'm sorry that you've had a problem with this.

Please email me at: [email protected]

Let me have your name and your postal address, and the issue number of the magazine concerned.

I'll arrange for someone to sort this out for you.

Forum Editor 23:36 PM 09 Jan 13

"just tried the link to Forum Editor Editor only to find it fails to work!"

Have you by any chance disabled javascript in your browser? The contact link won't work if you have.

This tells you how you can easily fix the problem

morddwyd 09:53 AM 10 Jan 13

Doesn't work in all browsers, FE.

I use FF and if I want to contact you via the link I have to use Chrome

Forum Editor 14:42 PM 10 Jan 13

morddwyd

The contact form uses javascript, and provided that is enabled in your browser the form will work.

If you take a look at the link I posted above you'll see instructions for enabling Javascript in the latest versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.

I get lots of emails via the contact link, and very few complaints about it not working - all usually related to javascript being disabled in browsers.

morddwyd 06:03 AM 11 Jan 13

It didn't work before I posted yesterday, and it doesn't work now.

It works in Chrome, Opera, Safari and even IE, but not in Firefox, and, as I've posted before, for me it never has, since the re-vamp of the site.

If it was a JavaScript problem I would expect problems on other sites too.

Forum Editor 09:55 AM 11 Jan 13

morddwyd

You're right about Firefox, it produces an error message 'there are errors on your form,please try again'.

Apologies for the inconvenience - we'll look into it as a matter of urgency.

simonjary 19:12 PM 11 Jan 13

By all means contact me and I'll see to it that you get your cover disc.

Regards,

Simon Jary

Publisher, PC Advisor

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED