PCA Cover DVD System Mechanic

iscanut2 31 Jan 12
Answered

Against my better judgement I installed System Mechanic and ran it. It caused no end of problems after I had run several of the "clean up" features. All my System Restore points were deleted, anti virus definition updates were removed , my Memory Map data was removed, lost my default profile in Firefox etc etc..Be warned this is a dangerous program ! I do wonder if PCA ever test these things !

spuds 31 Jan 12

I tend to find that it is best to check as many reviews possible, before using such programs.

System Mechanics (early version) was 'trailed' on one of my computer's, and I had a number of problems, so the program was removed.

At present, I am testing the latest version of Advanced System Care, which was previously known as AWC, and the Pro version of Glary Utilities.

iscanut2 31 Jan 12

I will stick to CCleaner. Well tried and tested !

onthelimit1 31 Jan 12

iscanut - you and me both!

spuds 31 Jan 12

"you and me both!"

Add another one to that.

ams4127 31 Jan 12
Answer

...and me, too.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message