PC World's offer posters

jaydeeace 20:12 23 Jan 04

Hi all,
Went to PC World today and spotted this:

Special Offer: Buy One Get One Half Price on ALL PS2 and Xbox games. Cheapest item will be half price.

So I wandered about and found the two games that I wanted which had been reduced to £4.99 each. When I politely pointed out the poster a mere few yards from the checkout lady, she said "Oh, no - not on these, they're reduced". I made 100% sure that the poster made no mention of exclusions or special terms prior to taking my purchases to the checkout, so I made my disappointment clear(!).
For the sake of £2.50 I'm not immensely bothered, but there's a principle at stake.

Then again, I always enjoy things like finding OEM copies of CM 00-01 (just around when the dreadfully bug-ridden CM4 came out) for £2.99 at their expense, so overall I guess I can laugh in their fat faces!

Opinions?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:23 23 Jan 04

Are you sober? Pent up anger has never done anyone any good.

G

davidg_richmond 21:36 23 Jan 04

At Dixons we are only doing the half price offer on games over £34 - was this not in the terms on the posters?

jaydeeace 14:02 24 Jan 04

absolutely not on the posters - no small print of any description... as I say, not too bothered about the £2.50, but if there are terms on the offer, I for one would like to know :o)

Ranger 20:20 25 Jan 04

The visit to PC world wasn't a total waste of time as I also got a Sidewinder with £15 off it and it's working brilliantly

jaydeeace 21:17 25 Jan 04

Looking at what you've said - nice one on the sidewinder (I have a Sidewinder USB pad under Win98se - total dog of a thing), but once again it looks as though PC World is up to its old tricks, re: 2nd user kit.

Perhaps we should all keep a big dossier of "What Gets On Our Nerves About PCWorld" ?

Laters,
JD

kev.Ifty 22:53 25 Jan 04

hi all Wanted a new comp so got some prices from PC World web site! (Just wanted tower)PC World man in Leicester say's "WEB PRICES ARE LESS THAN IN STORE" ME: "Don't think so!" him "yeah instore you have expert advice which you don't get from the web" ME:"ok! have you got this Fujitsu machine?" him "no but we have one which in my opinion is as good if not better" ME "BUT I WOULD LIKE A PENTIUM 4 3.06" him " yeah the AMD Atholon 3000+ is better than the P4".....ME...left shop

kev.Ifty 22:58 25 Jan 04

Prices on the web site are the same as in store unless it say.s so on the site ie:web only special.............

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:17 25 Jan 04

'AMD Atholon 3000+ is better than the P4'....it is a moot point.

G

kev.Ifty 00:02 26 Jan 04

You may be right. But i think the difference may be a gnat's thingy. The point i am trying to make is that i had little confidance in the advice i was receiving.I still bought a computer from them.........And it's a P4 3.06. So hail pc world........Well Coventry branch antway!click here you'er interested! :) cheers G

Ranger 07:19 26 Jan 04

FE, did I say something wrong, for my first post to be removed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…