PC World/Currys complaints

rickf 11:34 05 May 14

There used to be a time when complaints against the above were a daily occurrence. It would appear to have subsided. Does this mean they have improved and taking more care of their customers' needs and that PC Advisor has helped to influence this improvement. May pop back to have a look in store. Have not been there for over 10 years due to their terrible reputation and certainly have not bought from them for longer,

bremner 11:49 05 May 14

Ar Easter I decided to buy a new iMac. And found that PCW were offering a better deal than the Apple Store.

I went in expecting the worse but received excellent service from a knowledgable member of staff who did not try and push anything on me other than asking if i wanted Apple Care. I do not believe this was simply because he recognised that I was an experienced Apple user, i just think that things have changed for the better.

cream. 12:16 05 May 14

Brilliant service.

We bought a bosch tassimo machine July 2011, it had problems in late December 2011. I rang currys 2nd January 2013 and they said no problem. the machine has a 2 year guarantee, bring it in, with receipt and we will just replace it or give you your money back. Got a replacement. They also said the new machine will have the full 2 year guarantee.

That machine blew one of the heating pipes and tripped the fuse box. I rang currys, no problem bring it in and we will replace it. I arrived and they said because it was the old model, I should just go a choose a newer version, so I did. Took it to customer services and presented my old receipts. I got a new receipt with a 2 year guarantee and a £10 note. The new machine was a tenner cheaper than the one I originally bought.

What an improvement.

Forum Editor 12:49 05 May 14

Transferred to Tech Consumer Advice from Speakers Corner.

Forum Editor 12:51 05 May 14

It's a fact that we hardly ever see a complaint about PC World these days, but there was a time when we saw new complaints on an almost daily basis.

So yes, things have obviously improved considerably, and I like to think that we played a part in that process.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:53 05 May 14

I think it depends on where you go.

Took back a vacuum cleaner replace with no hassel at a Nottingham store

but went to buy a TV for my mother at a Derby store and the service was atrocious.

Salesman when looking for the one we wanted(I found one in a box under the shelf six feet away) never reappeared, second salesman kept us hanging about and they tied to push all sorts on us at the checkout.

spuds 13:37 05 May 14

When PC World and Currys changed its service from TechGuy to KnowHow, the female director who had the responsibility for that change stated at the time, that she was going to make big improvements to the way PCW/Currys treated its customers. I would like to think that it was her, who introduced a new feeling within the company.

Don't know if it still applies, she also stated that direct contact with her, would bring any resolutions to customer concerns.

wee eddie 14:31 05 May 14

I'm loving this thread.

Has anyone considered, as we have read here, that PCW has moved out of PCs and into White Goods and Domestic Appliances.

The proportion of Computer related items has dropped to, say, 30% of their Sales. As White Goods and Domestic Appliances are inherently more reliable and are updated less frequently.

Is it that surprising that the number of complaints has dropped, one would be expecting a 70% drop, just for the level to remain the same.

bremner 16:27 05 May 14

The thread is about PC World and Currys.

PCW has not moved into white goods and domestic appliances, other than TV's, at least certainly not the three I have recently been in.

Currys is and has been part of the PCW family for a long time and of copurse sells the white goods and appliances.

rdave13 23:58 05 May 14

PC World has disappeared at our neck of the woods but Currys store still remains. (One and the same but one less store)

I've always bought reconditioned laptops online from PCW with no problems. White goods the same. Delivery and removal of old within time. Great service.

Family whom have had problems with new monitors or laptops have had good customer service with replacements or repairs.

It's a better company now I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…