PC World Refunds

metabolee 21:15 03 Dec 05

In Feb this year i bought my first pc for £699 + X Y for printer and monitor upgrades, this computer crashed big time in Oct and was sent to be repaired it now looks like they cant fix the problem,whats the score with their refunds etc.. vouchers to the £699 or vouchers to the spec of my PC? I dont think i'll get a pc for the paid price?

SG Atlantis® 21:28 03 Dec 05

"I dont think i'll get a pc for the paid price?"

Computer prices are falling, you'll get a better computer if that is the outcome.

It depends on them, they may give you refund, exchange to equivalent model etc etc.

Talk nicely to them.

ade.h 21:43 03 Dec 05

Best way to get what you want from a retailer:

1) Know your, and their, rights inside out.

2) Talk nicely and be reasonable. Be firm only if necessary.

rdave13 21:50 03 Dec 05

Usually PC World are excellent at trying to keep their customers.

Usual deal is same as original but new or better.

SurfMonkey _#:@} 01:27 04 Dec 05

I wish I had 6.99 to spend at pc world wow I could get a pentium 4 3.60ghz 1mb ram 250gb hd dvd writer 256mb graphics 17" moniter flat panel win xp home for that at pc world

spuds 11:07 04 Dec 05

You state that it looks like they cannot repair the computer.Have they stated that the computer cannot be repaired, if so have they offered any alternatives.Normally in the case of not being economically feasible to repair, PC World will give vouchers to the equivalent value of the computer when first purchased. If the computer was taken to the local PCW service station, then the manager may offer a replacement [equivalent to or better than] from stock.

The key words that as already been pointed out, always be polite and fair, but know your consumer rights. click here

metabolee 21:21 04 Dec 05

Thanks for all the info, i will take it onboard firm and fair, the pc has been away since 09/11/05(total crash 3 weeks earlier) as part of the coverplan i have here a loan pc, the calls etc days off work for engineers etc has cost me so i should be looking for a good deal. Thanks all!!

SG Atlantis® 15:48 05 Dec 05

let us know what ya get as a result?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…