pc world ,pc fault

iqs 13:55 19 Aug 06

Hi,My mum purchased a computer from PC World on the 30th of last month.Yesterday the blue light which is part of the on/off button has failed to light.I think it's just the bulb blown.Because the Pc is only a few weeks old,can she ask for a replacement computer or a refund?.If Pc World say no to either request,what are her rights.Many thanks,IQS

SG Atlantis® 13:58 19 Aug 06

I think you can get either if it's within 28 days according to their policy.

rodriguez 14:45 19 Aug 06

They might just repair it. If it's only a blue LED that needs replacing or reconnecting it's just a 5 minute job, and if it's within 28 days of purchase they should just do it for nothing.

Forum Editor 14:53 19 Aug 06

that's just a PC World-devised period.

By law, any fault that develops within six months of the date of purchase is considered to have ben present right from the start, and must be rectified by the supplier.

The failure of a LED isn't a serious problem, and I'm sure PC World will soon resolve it.

SG Atlantis® 17:18 19 Aug 06

"Never mind 28 days"

The point I was making is that their policy of 28 days is the easiest time to get a refund/replacement out of them, rather than accept a repair.

Forum Editor 17:21 19 Aug 06

Aaah.... I see.

iqs 17:36 22 Aug 06

Hi and many thanks for your comments.The Pc is going back this week for a replacement bulb.I hope this will be the only fault to occur?.Once again thanks.Kind regards,Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced