PC World online deliveries

sputnick 12:29 10 Jan 06

I ordered a DVD re-writer from PC World online site on 28th December. I was browsing their site and found what I wanted and it was £15 cheaper than in store even with p&p.
I had a reply e-mail confiming order and another telling me that the order was being proccessed.
They say that their delivery is 5 to 7 days but as we had the New Year holiday I did not expect much to happen until after then although the money was debited from my account the same day as ordered.
It is now 10th January and after a few e-mails and phone calls to PCW they still haven`t despatched item saying that it was due to the holiday period.
I ordered an item from Maplins on the 28th and received it on the 29th.
Why is PCW so long winded. I don`t usually buy from PCW but this offer suited me. I won`t be buying again.
This is the second thread I`ve started about problems of buying online.

Ikelos 12:36 10 Jan 06

once PCWorld have your money, why should they bother. I am sure they do not want to change the habit of a lifetime.

Stuartli 12:42 10 Jan 06

I ordered a TFT mid-afternoon yesterday from Microdirect on behalf of one of the offspring - it arrived just before 11am today.

I would get in touch with your credit card company even though the amount involved is likely to be below the £100 figure normally required (some CC companies have £50 as the start figure).

CC companies are always interested in learning about retailers who take advantage of such situations.

spuds 17:44 10 Jan 06

Did you not check the PCW website for 'collect from store' price and availability.Would that have helped in anyway!.

sputnick 18:14 10 Jan 06

As I have not ordered online from PCW before I did not realize you could do that.Do they use the stores stock? Do they send you a voucher?

SG Atlantis® 18:23 10 Jan 06

you hit collect at store. They give you a code.

Go to the store, give them the code and then you pay the same price as the website and ya get your purchases there and then.

spuds 18:27 10 Jan 06

sputnick-- Check the website for 'Collect from store'. There is a store locater, which will direct you to a store that you find suitable. The item that you want will then be checked against that stores stock (if you have more than one convenient store, then check all). Once order stock as been confirmed, you will have a reference number, which you will need to present on collection from the store.

You will need to provide a telephone contact number, and in most cases the store will contact you to tell you the item is ready for collection (usually same or next day), you must collect on that day given, otherwise the item will be returned to stock, it will not be held for any length of time, due to discount or website price allowed or given.

sputnick 18:29 10 Jan 06

Thanks for your replies. I`ll use that in future.

oresome 18:52 10 Jan 06

I purchased a DVD rewriter from PC World last week using the collect at store facility.

Glad I did. The writer failed within 4 minutes of fitting it and had to be returned the next day for replacement. Think of the hassle there'd have been getting return numbers, waiting for carriers to come etc etc if I'd not purchased via this route.

xania 12:57 11 Jan 06

Similar experience. Ordered cable Modem/router on-line with collect at store. WHen I got to the store the itme was not in stock but got wireless/cable version for the same price. The attitude and reputation of this group is far from ideal, but you've got a good chance while you still have the money in your own hand.

BRYNIT 13:17 11 Jan 06

Remember even though the web site states that the item is in stock at the store it could be wrong. I was told that items returned faulty are classed as stock available giving a incorrct (Good stock) count.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac