* PC World - Individual Store Phone No.s?

lukealexander 22 Dec 06

I need to check the stock availability of an item at PC World branches in Liverpool & Liverpool Garston, but the central line gives me no confidence and is also an hour of date. I can't find direct lines to either store in order to check with some degree of reliability. Both the stores are around an hour round trip, an hour I can't waste at this time of year.

Anyone know where I can get them, or indeed if it is even possible?

puma22 22 Dec 06

Is this of any help?
click here

puma22 22 Dec 06

Sorry, link didnt work properly but just click on it and then put in PCWorld. A whole list of numbers comes up.

xania 22 Dec 06

Try this link instead.

click here

Last time I tried, they did not have the part eactly in the store, but they then honoured the pricve on the next model up!

spuds 22 Dec 06

Not sure whether you can contact individual store's except through an 'adviser', try the 'Collect from Store' method.

ForestChav 23 Dec 06

Ages since I last did it, so this is vaguely off the top of my head - but if you dial 0870 242 0444 then (I think it's) *(4 digit branch number)#

Try it...

lukealexander 23 Dec 06

The Collect@Store service I have used before but found it to be very unreliable. It says the item is out of stock, yet the telephone line said it was in stock (an hour ago haha). How would I go about finding the 4 digit branch number?

ForestChav 23 Dec 06

it's normally on the receipt...

pcw Manager!!??! 23 Dec 06

there is a good reason for this. we dont have anyone dedicated to answer the phone. this means customers who do have our xd number may end up waiting ages to get answered as we are all serving customers who are in store. secondly you may get through but the person you want is day off, on lunch or serving so then we have to pass messages, messages can get lost etc.... I find on the whole our customer service number are pretty good and no worse than banks, telephone providers or any other commonly used call centre. Collect at store will check our stock availbility acurately so you know what we have in stock at that time.

allclear 26 Dec 06

Ok Mr PCW Manager answer the following:

Why
1) You have to hunt for a salesman for help?

2) Most of the Guys make you wait for hours on the Customer Services Desk in the stores. You can see them from outside that they are either chating with each other, on the phone or on their PCs, knowing full well, that you are waiting to be served but take their time to serve you with the attitude that it is them who are doing you a favour to serve you.

3) Why are you always short of Staff?

4) Havent you learnt anything about the priciples of customer service after being on Watchdog?

allclear 27 Dec 06

Where has MR PCW Manager disappeared?

Or do you have no answers to my questions?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message