PC World - Collect @ Store item

PaulB2005 16:57 08 May 06

I'm sorry if everyone knows this already but i thought i'd tell you about the Collect @ Store feature on the PC World website.

Usually items have two prices

Web Exclusive and In Store.

The Web Exclusive is cheaper than the In Store, however if you use the Collect @ Store function you can a) check the item is in stock at your local PC World and b) get the item IN STORE at the WEB EXCLUSINVE price.

My brother saved £30 on a new laptop this weekend. Shame i didn't realise when we were reserving it because he could have saved another £5 on the Router he bought too. If i'd realised earlier then i could have saved quite a bit over the last 2 years. :-(

Totally-braindead 17:15 08 May 06

Knew about it but it will be useful to those that don't.

dth 17:22 08 May 06

It is a brill system and well worth re-telling pca forum users

SG Atlantis® 17:30 08 May 06

I have saved a right few quid via this thing.

What's their advert... "online or instore you get the best of both worlds" or something like that.

PaulB2005 17:40 08 May 06

Ah well. I knew everyone would already know....

Diodorus Siculus 17:56 08 May 06

Don't feel too bad - it's only been going for about 6 months or so - late last summer it began I think.

I too have saved a few pounds using it - and very useful to be able to go in an collect what I want rather than wait for a delivery.

SG Atlantis® 18:02 08 May 06

It was worth pointing out again. I have told quite a few people in my work place who didn't know!

They (PCW) don't advertise the [email protected] too well.

Stuartli 18:48 08 May 06

In actual fact PC World has been mentioning it in its newspaper advertising.

spuds 20:50 08 May 06

The only drawback, is local store stock non-availability, otherwise a great saving scheme.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…