PC World & Canon UK

Cal 13:59 11 May 03

Decided to change my old Epson printer with a new highly PCA rated Canon i850 bubblejet and for Sunday morning conveinience went to PC world.

Couldn't find the Canon anywhere and when asked I was told that there is a dispute between PC World and Canon UK and that the i850 would not be sold there in the forseeable future.

Why am I not surprised at this.

Forum Editor 14:39 11 May 03

Why you aren't surprised, but to be scrupulously fair you have no way of knowing what the dispute's about. All the more reason not to speculate.

-pops- 16:38 11 May 03

There are other, some would say better, computer sellers open on Sundays. Did you try elsewhere?

Brian

ajm 17:41 11 May 03

Go to your PC World Store.If they have a Business Centre there, you can order it direct from PC World Business Direct. the product code is CNBJI850. Hope this helps

ajm 18:53 11 May 03

There is nothing going on between PC World and Canon UK. it is business as usual. i have just received an email from a friend of mine who works for Canon UK and he says that there is no dispute between the two companies.

i would certainly heed the FE advice!!!

By the way i do not work for Canon

Cal 09:54 12 May 03

Perhaps your 'friend' can suggest to you a possible reason why I was told the contrary.

Driving 14 miles to PC World on a Sunday morning and walking out empty handed was not in my imagination.

I have since ordered the Canon from Dabs which I probably should have done so in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…