PC WORLD

priceylfc86 18:35 10 Jun 10

HI GUYS
I BOUGHT A LAPTOP IN JAN 2009 SENT IT IN FOR REPAIR UNDER MY COVER PLAN AGREEMENT FOR A LCD WITH NO DISPLAY AND A LOOSE AC CONNECTION TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT IVE SPEND OVER 12 HOURS ON THE FONE TO THEM TRYING TO SORT THIS OUT ITS BEEN BACK TO THEM SEVERAL TIMES FOR REPAIRS AND EACH TIME IVE REQUESTED THEY FIX THIS AC SOCKET AFTER 12 MONTHS OF THEM IGNORING MY REQUEST THE AC SOCKET BROKE COMPLETEY OFF THE MOTHERBOARD AND NOW THEY WANT TO REPAIR THE MACHINEINSTED OF WRITING IT OFF AFTER THEY HAVE HAD 5 TIMES TO FIX IT IF ANY 1 CAN HELP PLEASE DO

spuds 20:20 10 Jun 10

Consumer Direct click here should offer advice, regarding resolving the problem.

mole44 06:15 11 Jun 10

priceylfc86,don`t use capitals not only is it shouting but people find it offensive.

STREETWORK 08:45 12 Jun 10

From your post it would appear that you have given them ample oppertunity to sort out the problem. i believe that you have 2 courses of action.

1. Request a replacement.
2. Request a full refund.

If you paid by credit card then the card company may also be able to help.

Big L 266 09:25 12 Jun 10

Hello.

pricey...I sympathise with you.My dealings with PC World left a lot to be desired. In addition to spuds excellent link,I would advise that you go to your local CAB asap and enlist their help in getting this matter settled.

Since your date of purchase in Jan 2009 and the fact that your first problem occurred around in June 2009,there is a good case for a full refund.

PC World don't respond to emails or letters of complaints either in-store or head-office, so I recommend you do what I did to bring matters to a head.I should know.

1.Go and visit the local CAB as soon as you can as there needs to be a written record or your complaints so far.

2.Phone up Consumer Direct as per spuds link and make a formal complaint to them and ask them to investigate your complaints.

3.Call your credit card company (assuming you paid that way) and get the original transaction put into dispute. Credit card firms are usually very sympathetic to complaints. It may take several weeks to get a refund,but PC World have to respond to both Consumer Direct and your credit card firm.

4.Only as a LAST resort,contact your local newspaper and invite them to report the incident.I did this as well as complaining to the CAB, Consumer Direct and your credit card company.Its amazing how stores like PC World hate bad publicity!Needless to say I got a full refund of both my computer and pheripherals and not a word of apology from PC World.

I wish you every success.

Big L 266

priceylfc86 11:48 12 Jun 10

thankyou for your responses to this i have been in touch with the director of th tech guys who has passed this on to the case managment manager who is dealing with it if they fail to to come to a esolution i will take this further

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017