PC World

james55 21:52 08 Jul 04

Let me get this straight I am not complaining about PC world, this is just a small amusing story.

I decided to go for Broadband and went to PC world to purchase a Wanadoo Modem. For once, I found it very quickly.

Like a dog with two tails I wandered around the store looking for more goodies, Software Hardware it did not matter. Suddenly I heard a loud voice saying "have you registered your Modem sir". I looked round just in case he wasn't talking to me, but no he was.

"Come with me sir" he said and I duly followed.
I was asked and gave my details and then was told I was registered at Wanadoo. "I will print it for you sir", alas the printer did not agree so he wrote it down for me.

Still not daunted the salesman told me the till receipt would cough up the missing details.

So off we went and I paid for my purchase, again no details but what did it matter I had them written down.

I left the store clutching my purchase feeling pleased with the service I got and what I had.

It was only when I was halfway home I realised I missed out on my goodies, oh well a least the old Duchess was happy.

Jim.
Ps. It is now connected and working superbly.

accord 22:07 08 Jul 04

and the moral of the story is..... buy a Wanadoo BB modem to stop the misses moaning about spending too much in PC World.

Question: would the sales assistant have stopped you if you had bought a Zoom/US Robitics modem????

james55 22:18 08 Jul 04

accord

I would say that sums it up.

Jim.

davidg_richmond 01:51 09 Jul 04

the salesman gets a small boost to his pay packet because he got your broadband purchase on his staff number. but the tills need a reference number from wanadoo (which he got for you) saying that you can actually get broadband, hence no trouble getting it home and finding out you cant use it!

james55 19:19 09 Jul 04

david_richmond

As I already made up my mind to buy it and if it boosts somebody’s pay packet all the better.

I of course had checked before going to PC world that broadband was available in my area but I decided to play the game.

Jim.

oresome 20:12 09 Jul 04

You now need a convincing excuse for returning to the store to have a good rummage around. As the Duchess has probably heard them all before, I don't rate your chances that highly.

Q-Bie 22:18 09 Jul 04

davidg is right, you cannot buy a wanadoo broadband package without first signing up and getting the reference number instore.

If that salesperson hadn't grabbed you then you would have queued up, then got aggro'd when the girl at the till told you you need an account reference and then had to call someone down to do it for you :)

q

james55 23:29 09 Jul 04

oresome

You are right my chances are about same as winning the lottery.

Q-Bie

I have been at this store so many times the girl at the till will be a good friend.

Jim.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…