PC WORLD

dazell 06:40 12 Feb 04

I bought a advent laptop 7036 from pc world before x mas, the m/b has gone tits up on it, they have picked it up to repair under waranty but i was wondering if i would be able to take it back and get a full refund? i used a gift voucher sent from my insurance company and put some cash towards it.
am i within my rights as a consumer to receive a full refund as i didn't want to buy from pc world in the first place!!! (insurance companies and dsg group got a good little deal sorted between them!)
regards
D Elliott

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:12 12 Feb 04

Under consumer law PCW have a right to rectify the goods. It is not their fault that the laptop decided to go AWOL and it COULD be due to mishandling on the part of the consumer. You got a gift voucher from an Insurance Co. ......be thankful.

G

davidg_richmond 10:55 12 Feb 04

dazell - Insurance companies are wise now to the antics of a small few claimants, and now tend to provide vouchers so that a replacement item is bought. DSG happens to have almost total national coverage so it makes sense to use them or another company with the same presence.

spuds 23:39 12 Feb 04

In theory the insurance company purchased the laptop via an arrangement with the DSG group. If the DSG group and the insurance company agree, then you may get another voucher or credit allowance against another model. They will not give you a cash refund.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…