pc wont switch of????

ghost666 13:11 01 Jan 03
  ghost666 13:11 01 Jan 03

hi since i installed a n vidia mentor tnt2 graphics card in my tiny 733 p3 windows 98 second edition 380 ram pc. it wont switch of it just hangs on a black screen i know its the card that is causing this as i take it out and it is fine.how do i resolve this?i have the latest drivers still no joy also if i update the bios of my micro star mother board will it take a stick of 512 meg of ram as it does not recognise it at the moment? how do i update the bios as this does not look that easy 2 do.thanks in advance for any help.

Rayuk 13:18 01 Jan 03

I would advise you to post this in the helproon forum.
Re your questions on the mobo flash and memory you will have to go to the msi website and read what bios flash remedies.[dont go flashing bios if your problem isnt listed as you could kill the boar if it goes wrong]

Rayuk 13:19 01 Jan 03

boar....not the pig the board

Andsome 15:25 01 Jan 03

The machine that I run at present which was bought refurbished, has never gone beyond a black screen. Once it reaches this stage I just switch off with the off button. It always starts up OK the next time without going into scan disc mode. There was a thread running some time ago, and it seemed from all the postings that quite a few machines behave like this, despite downloading and installing a Microsoft patch.

What happens next time you boot up, if you wait for your black screen and just switch off like I do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…