PC Tools free Anti Virus

JYPX 00:02 23 Mar 07

This one is new to me. PC Tools produce both Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic so this might be worth looking at if you fancy a change!
click here

Les T 00:36 23 Mar 07

Thanks for that, i'll bookmark it.

flyboy 20:51 26 Mar 07

JYPX
Thanks, Downloaded for trial.

Probabilitydrive 21:23 26 Mar 07

A word of caution. users of PC tools SD version 5 are having considerable problems with this updated version.click here
I upgraded from version 4 to 5 and it nearly wrecked my system.

Regarding SD 5 and Anti Virus:I cant avoid thinking that PC Tools anti virus feature is some kind of afterthought which-judging version 5-does not instill confidence.

JYPX 01:11 27 Mar 07

Probabilitydrive - I was not aware of the
problem with Spyware Doctor 5 so your comment
is welcome. Having used Spyware Doctor 4 and many versions of Registry Mechanic I have a lot of
faith in this lot so I very much hope this is a
"blip".

Britmex 07:41 27 Mar 07

Having problems since my update to Version 5.Abnormal disconnects, computer hanging.Never 1 problem with version 4.My computer is AMD 4400 with 2 gig ram so should be up to it.Am going to reinstall version 4.

p;3 10:23 27 Mar 07

those of you who are trying this one out,what is it like?

Belatucadrus 13:04 27 Mar 07

Huge RAM requirements, makes Norton look lean and racy. Also locks up browsers at inconvenient moments.
click here
I have posted a link to it on my website, but it's such a clunker next update I'm removing it.

isca2 13:27 27 Mar 07

Sorry to hijack thread, but in view of above comments, I too have had problems with SD ver 5 and have uninstalled it and use another product. If you look at the link to the PCTools forum as shown by Probabilitydrive, I have had same problems when closing down SD screen. Their Help Desk Tech Support was no help !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…