PC Service Call PC World Advent Computers

STREETWORK 09:40 02 Apr 05

I have an Advent 3212 desktop PC. 2.5 years old

Recently the headset socket failed to work. On investigating I found it was broken inside the PC. So I contacted PC Service Call who do the repairs to Advents and requested a replacement part.

They replied with the meaasage to arrange for a technitian to call and carry out the repair at my cost. All I need is the replacement part and do it myself as a competent upgrader, simple enough.

They say that they do not supply replacement parts to the general public and I need a Tech to do it at my expence. So if I buy a car and the headlight bulb needs replacing do I need to go to a Renault dealer and apy for them to do it???

The Sale of Goods and Services says otherwise and I feel that PC Service Call are out of line, any one else experienced this?

Forum Editor 01:16 03 Apr 05

what the Supply of goods and services to consumers regulations have to do with this - surely it's up to PC Service Call to decide whether or not they wish to supply parts direct to the public?

Is this machine covered by an extended warranty?

smokingbeagle 12:21 03 Apr 05

Perhaps it was naughty of Servicecall not to direct you to Parts Master which appears to be a sister company.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…