Is this PC right for me?

elltrev 23:44 01 Nov 09

Hello all,

No doubt you are sick of these kinds of topics, but I'd be hugely grateful for any advice that you can offer a relative newbie like me.

I've decided to buy a new Desktop PC, and am thinking about getting this one:

click here (4th on the right)

I'm not bothered about playing the very latest 3D games, and I don't use any photo / video editing software - I'm just looking for a reliable PC that will last me 4-5 years, and that will continue to run smoothly when multi-tasking e.g. browsing the internet whilst streaming live sports and downloading something from iTunes.

So my two questions are: a) Will this PC meet my requirements? and b) Does it represent good value for money? Could I get a better deal elsewhere?

Any info / advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

elltrev 23:48 01 Nov 09

Sorry I forgot to mention - I don't need a monitor, as I'm just going to use the one that came with my Dell Dimension 5 years ago.

tonyq 11:30 02 Nov 09

elltrev,
have you put the correct link,as I am getting the following.
We're Sorry

The page you requested may no longer exist on Dell.com

GaT7 12:19 02 Nov 09

elltrev, yes that will be more than sufficient for what you'll be using it for. You can get cheaper, less-specified PCs. But as you'll be using it for 4-5 years I reckon that's a fair price to pay (can post alternatives on request).

tonyq, link works for me - try click here for a direct link to the system. G

ape3000 17:12 02 Nov 09

Pricemeup.com might be worth a go. Mention any specs you need and perhaps a budget and let their suppliers come back to you with their best deals.

I used it and got a whack off the advertised online price for a gaming pc. But i guess it depends on the item.

At least you can then compare it to the Dell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…