PC Remote Control

The Musicman 20:08 13 Jan 03
  The Musicman 20:08 13 Jan 03

I use my PC as a 'jukebox'.

What is the cheapest way i can use a IR remote control? I want to be able to a minimum change the volume, but would prefer if it could skip songs etc.

Many Thanks

Steven

Stuartli 20:35 13 Jan 03

Puzzling question, cheapest way etc.

A wireless keyboard with hot keys will do this task - mine has the ability to alter the volume.

D-P-R 02:14 14 Jan 03

you could click here and get a Sound Blaster® Live! Platinum 5.1 for £56.40. I have just bought one myself and you can control other multi media apps as well with the remote control, good buy me thinks ;-)

€dstow 08:47 14 Jan 03

The IR remote controls supplied with Creative 5.1 Platinum, Audigy Platinum and with Extigy are excellent. They allow almost complete control over all aspects of sound on your computer.

The 5.1 series is now obsolete and being sold off at a very good price. There is nothing wrong with the system at all, it's just been overtaken by Audigy. Get it while you can!!!!

€d

The Musicman 15:04 14 Jan 03

Would that be compatible with windows XP home edition?

cheers

€dstow 15:09 14 Jan 03

Yes it is most definitely.

Make sure you install XP drivers (which should come with it or you can download them) as the W9x ones won't work.

€d

The Musicman 15:12 14 Jan 03

thanks for your kind help gents

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…