PC Options don't give up

Kevscar1 13:07 03 Nov 09

I ave had problems with my Comp lately, (thread are all the cores working)
It appears only 2 of the 4 cores are working, had my local guy round yesterady and he says either processer or motherboard is faulty and it's been that way since I got it from PC Options. He going to take it in next Monday and est to see which.
Lookng around this morning for price of new processer and came acroos one on Misco's site.
Reading through the specs it said Intel offered a 3yr manufacturers warrenty so I phoned Intel, spoke to a lady explained PC Option gone bust. She said if it is faulty phone them with details from processor so they can confirm it is within the timeframe and they will replace it.
Next checked the motherboards site and that comes with a 2yr manufacturers warrenty.
I will still have to pay my guys labour costs but it will be a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than I expected.
If you have any faulty bits check the manufacturers site you might be lucky.

Picklefactory 13:22 03 Nov 09

Fingers crossed, I hope you get some assistance from the manufacturers, far more chance of that than from PC Option/Desktop Option/HTPC Guys or whatever Mr Muir is calling them this week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…