PC Next Day Nightmare

waiteylad 23:18 19 Apr 07

On 25 March I ordered a Zoostorm 3305 versatile PC.

After being told it would be delivered within 10 working days I finally got it today, after 17 working days. I had to collect it from the couriers as they dont deliver outside office hours.

So already things were bad, but then I was surprised to find no Windows back up disc when unpacking it.

And then, and I really shouldnt have been surprised, the thing wont work. All I get is a message saying "...Windows installation cannot proceed, click OK to restart....." And it goes round in circles.

I am SO annoyed. And there is no phone number to contact them on, only emails.

I know legally I have the right to reject the goods under the Sale of Goods Act, but I just despair at having to deal with this company. Does anyone have any suggestions?

rdave13 23:24 19 Apr 07

have a look here. click here I was fortunate though as I bought a PC off them 15 months ago and had no problems.

rdave13 23:28 19 Apr 07

Try this link.. click here

waiteylad 09:48 20 Apr 07

Thanks for that....

Oh dear what have I done!!

I only bought it because it was highly recommended by PCPro magazine.

Unless I can sort the problem easily - which without the Vista discs i cant, Im going to have to go through the long painful process of rejecting it

If I had a car i would drive up to PC Next Day in liverpool and hand it back, despite the note on their site saying that they cannot accept goods back this way.

961 10:31 20 Apr 07

Don't delay.

If the contract allows you to reject it and get your money back SEND IT BACK

Make sure you follow the correct way to do this to the letter

waiteylad 10:45 20 Apr 07

Well, I have checked with

click here

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 consumers have a 'reasonable' time to inspect goods for faults after delivery during which they can reject them and claim a refund.

So my legal rights are clear, but difficult and frustratingly slow to enforce.

Luckily i paid on a credit card, so under section 75 of the consumer credit act 1974, my credit card provider has joint liability for any problems with the goods, so I have two parties to sue in the county court!

spuds 10:53 20 Apr 07

If you have problems in communicating with the company, then try PCPro magazine for help and advice.

Regarding the Windows back-up disk, was there one going to be provided in the original sale. Some companies provide free or at a cost others do not. It could have been a case, that it is on the hard-drive for you to download, once you are up and running!.

Failing that, you have consumer law and possibly your credit card company who may help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…