PC Motherboard Upgrade, looking for a lot of fans.

Eddydeadman 16:39 05 Oct 13
Answered

I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard once the January sales start and I'm also looking to install a total of 5 fans but it must be quite cheap; Needs to support AMD FX 4100, 16 gb ram 1333mhz, 5 fans (obviously), SATA3 hard drives and preferably USB3 and be and ATX, Please Help. :)

Mr Mistoffelees 20:34 05 Oct 13

Could you tell us what motherboard you currently have installed?

Eddydeadman 18:39 06 Oct 13

MSI 760gm-p21 FX

rdave13 19:52 06 Oct 13

If, like me, you have a mobo that has only two fan supplies (CPU and rear extract only) you can get molex to fan adapters. I've two extra fans in my case, both running half speed (5v), one at front (intake) and one at rear bottom (exhaust).

Be careful not to have the extra fans in the wrong place and too high a speed. Will either create a cross-flow resulting in poorer cooling or will create a pocket to attract extra dust.

Eddydeadman 17:04 07 Oct 13

Thanks for that rdave, but i was looking for a new mobo for some other things, like future upgrades i will do, but thanks. I will bare that in mind when i make my final decision (if I can decide).

chub_tor 20:38 07 Oct 13
Answer

I am a fan of Gigabyte and if I could afford it I would go for this one it supports your processor, has USB3, is ATX and a bonus for me is that it has Firewire.

Eddydeadman 21:32 08 Oct 13

Thanks chub_tor, hopefully the price will come down for January and then I can afford it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…