PC with incorrect components supplied ( Multivisio

tralay 18:51 30 Apr 03

On studying the top 10 reviews I decided to buy a pc from Multivision, but get them to change one or two items for me.
I asked that they put aMSI 655max mainboard in, and upgrade the graphics to a Radeon 9700 Pro.
After a wait of 6 weeks I got the pc, with a Gigabyte Mainboard in it, a Radeon 9700 instead of the 9700Pro, an NEC 1100a dvd writer instead of a Pioneer TX105 dvd writer, creative 5300 speakers instead ov Videologic ZXR 500 speakers, and to top it all, the on 2 year site warranty that they shout about, does not apply if you live in Scotland, it reverts to rtb, this was not mentioned to me whe the pc was ordered.
So, I contacted Mulivision, eventually after hours trying to get through on the phone to their customer service dept., explaining that I wanted the correct video card installed, ( I was prepared to accept the rest of the changes, although I think that they are inferior to the ones I was supposed to recieve, but I never said this t them ) they said they would arrang for an engineer to come out and fit the correct one as it was their fault, that was on the 2nd of April, no one contacted me. I agan phoned on the 10th of April, the excuse was that they were waiting on the correct graphics card coming in so they could send it to their engineer to fit for me, no one has contacted me. I e-mailed them on the 24th April explaining that I was unhappy with the way things were not progressing and listed the items that I have written about that were not correct and said that if I don't get satisfaction from them soon I would have to write to my PC magazine and take advice from trading standards. I have not had as much as an acknowledgement of my e-mail.
What, can I do now ?

Forum Editor 00:01 01 May 03

by special delivery, explaining that you have not received the computer that you ordered. Tell them that they have failed to keep their promise to replace a component with the one that you ordered and that you are therefore rejecting the machine. Tell them that unless their engineer calls and replaces the part within 7 days of the date of your letter you will require a full refund in respect of the wrongly fulfilled order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…