PC guard

stylehurst 17:17 02 Dec 06

Telewest and NTL have their own Internet Security program, which is generally free to users of their services. I have been testing this program, on one of my machines for the past few weeks, and it seems to operate satisfactorily.
Have any other contributors to this forum had any experience of this program, which they would like to add.
Perhaps PCA would like to include a comparison review of this product in one of their future articles on Internet security.
As I understand it the anti-virus portion of the program appears to be provided by Radialpoint services, a Canadian firm.

zarobian 17:34 02 Dec 06

PCGuard is not free unless you are a high end subscriber. I am on 2MB which is the basic one and PCGuard support has been withdrawn. Fees are as under:

Anti Virus £2.00
Anti Spyware £2.00
Parental control £1.00
Whole pakage will cost £5.00 per month( £60.00 a year) which is far too expensive then stand alone pakages in the market. There are some execellent free programs available for download.

PCGuard will have problem using IE7. Which they haven't fixed so for but there is a work arround.

freaky 18:04 02 Dec 06

I did try out NTL Netguard a while back, and it was free....but when playing back saved games they took ages to load so I uninstalled it!

stylehurst 16:26 03 Dec 06

Accept that there are free programs, and also that I overlooked the cost implications if you were on the lower speeds. However, my main interest was to see how it compared with other packages, hence my suggestion to the Forum editor that a future comparative test be carried out.

Ektek 19:26 18 Feb 07

Has anyone found the antivirus part of this program not loading when first switching on of system; needs a couple of reboots? Thia is happening daily. Also very slow with IE7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…