PC - Great Buy On E-Bay

Mark5001 07:28 05 May 08

Just thought I would share with you my recent purchase of a new PC.
click here

Core 2 Quad [email protected] Paid for on a Tuesday, arrived on Friday of the same week. Setup a breeze with no hasles at all. NO I do not work for them so this is not a plug.

tullie 07:59 05 May 08

As long as you are happy with it.

Stuartli 08:17 05 May 08

Agree with tullie, but am puzzled by final paragraph in description:

"Please Note – The processor speed shown is an estimate of effective GHZ when both cores are running efficiently."

Also see:

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:13 05 May 08

click here you may like to have a read at this thread.

G

Stuartli 10:41 05 May 08

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery....:-)

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:15 05 May 08

Ooops! ;-)

I suspect that this computer is *ahem* similar to the one discussed in that thread and may not prove to be a great buy.

G

belfman 11:24 05 May 08

Seems all fine except the seller does not understand the technology they're selling.

Personally, I still don't think it a good buy though.

spuds 12:05 05 May 08

If I was you, I would run something like Belarc, SIW or Everest and see what the computer contains.

I purchased a 'top quality' computer from an eBay trade seller a couple or so years ago. Not only was I minus some extra memory stick that I purchased as an additional, I also found that the processor and motherboard was slightly different. Company now appears to have ceased trading, and I now own a rather 'splendid buy at the time' lower range door stop. Another one of life's experiences perhaps!!.

Mark5001 19:05 05 May 08

Just got back from fishing. Great day loads of Bream to eat in the freezer now. Anyway I have already done every test on it imaginable, Belarc, Everest, Memory tests, CPU-ID tests etc. and it all proves to be exactly what it says on the tin. The only thing that does not register a name is the motherboard. I had already read the thread but only after I had purchased the new PC. Spent a few worried hours I must admit, but it all seems to be as advertised. In my limited understnding of the technology, Core 2 Quad's only have two cores (??) with two cores on each of those so I suppose the description is technicaly correct.

Stuartli 23:41 05 May 08

Glad you got plenty of bream, but wonder why you would want to eat them in the freezer....:-)

GaT7 00:39 06 May 08

Mark5001, it looks like an Asrock motherboard - it's just the way the specs are laid out. It should come up in one of those system-info tools though.

I would also open the case & have a good look at all the components, PSU rating & internal neatness of build.

The value isn't too bad considering building it yourself with similar components would've been ~£340 - a rough estimate.

What are you going to be using the PC for?

Btw, the eBay PC on the other thread was sold by a non-system builder. I would trust a system builder, with many successful PC sales, much more than a n-s builder. The system builder has a lot to lose if his/her PCs' specs were misquoted. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…