PC Graphics card help

Ranger 09:26 29 Jun 07

I have to admit my graphics card info is pretty slim,I now some of the stuff but not al, so maybe you guys can help, when comparing graphics cards, they seem to talk about some items i'm not sure about,

vertices: is it better to have a higher or lower number?

Memory Bandwith: again is it better to have a higher number or lower

keef66 11:14 29 Jun 07

With most things related to graphics cards, the higher the number the better, and that usually includes the price.

Tom's Hardware Guide has comparison charts so you can compare the real life performance of different cards.

TechPowerup has a GPU chart which gives all the basic info you need to compare different chips.

(You can't tell how good a card is by reading the manufacturers description; they make even the crappy ones sound brilliant)

Before taking the plunge you need to know some basic stuff about the pc you're going to put it in.

Will it take a graphics card? (some compact cases don't have room, and some Dells simply cannot be upgraded)
Has the motherboard got an AGP or a PCI-express slot for the card?
Will your power supply run the new card?

Ranger 14:14 29 Jun 07

Cheers Keef66

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…