PC diary

Indigo 1 06:56 24 Jan 06

I have recently been considering starting a diary to record daily stuff and was wondering if there was a diary program for the PC.
I have terrible trouble reading my own writing (an old wrist injury from motorbike racing makes it uncomfortable to hold a pen) and find it much easier to use the PC for making notes etc. but starting a diary using Notepad or Word is not easy.

I don't want to start a blog (who would be interested in my ramblings ?) it is more for personal feelings and self development.

Has anyone come across such a prog or maybe used one ?

octal 07:13 24 Jan 06

I use one on Microsoft Outlook at work, if you have an office pack from MS you can use that, alternatively I've notice one on Lycos there is an on-line one which is part of my free email package which does give the convenience of accessing from any computer anywhere.

I use one at home here but unfortunately its for Linux and there doesn't seem to be a Windows version. There is this package, but its not free, but it looks similar to the one I use at home click here

Forum Editor 08:44 24 Jan 06

in Consumerwatch. Moving it there now.

wee eddie 10:42 24 Jan 06

about the form your ideal diary would take.

Any Word-processing program could be used filing each entry on the basis of date. "Back-wards"

Just open a folder in My Docs and call it Diary.

e.g. Today is - 06.01.24 - Diary Entry

e.g. Tomorrow is - 06.01.25 - Diary Entry

You could also use the Gregorian year or the Financial year as a basis for weekly nor monthly documents

Indigo 1 11:08 24 Jan 06

octal (or do you prefer Valvegrid ?) I have Outlook but it isn't much use for my purposes as the entries need to be entered in time slots, it is not so easy to read or write a page.

What I would like is a pgm that has the look or layout of a book type diary (if you see what I mean) so that I can 'turn to a page' or read them in sequence (click to turn the page). Using Word means that I would have to make a folder containing other folders and files etc, all dated and individually saved. I find that method a little cumbersome.

wee eddie 11:43 24 Jan 06

Is along the lines of what you are looking for

Belatucadrus 12:00 24 Jan 06

You could try Easynoter lite click here . The lite version is free but limited to 640 x 480 pixel view, the paid for versions can go full screen.

Indigo 1 15:02 24 Jan 06

They are both exactly what I was looking for.

I think I will try the Easynoter first (as there is a trial version). They both have some amazing functions that I could really make use of especially connecting to PDA's and Mobile phones.

Very useful.
Thanx again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5