PC DIAGNOSTICS SOFTWARE

Laurence99 11:38 30 Jul 06

I am fed up with unexplained crashed and PC freezes.
Am looking to buy a good PC software diagnostics package, which I can run fairly regularly to check registers and clean up other areas, etc.. etc.. so I can hopefully enjoy a trouble free PC time:)
Hopefully can get a package which covers most areas I need to check and repair?
I run anti-virus and spyware scanners/removers already, so dont mind if it does not cover that.

Any suggestions for a software package to get?

Mr Mistoffelees 12:28 30 Jul 06

Norton software comes in for a lot of criticism on this forum, from the same kind of people who are into Microsoft bashing because they are big and very profitable. However in my experience, over a number of years, Norton SystemWorks works very well and I would recommend it to anyone.

polish 18:28 30 Jul 06

i use tune up utilities and find it very good click here

freaky 18:35 30 Jul 06

Not a bad price for Tune Up, anybody else using it ?

pat-212841 18:39 30 Jul 06

freaky .Yep i am using it as well .well worth the cash imho

Johnnie_M 19:04 30 Jul 06

It's fantastic software, not clunky, does what it says on the tin aswell.

Ross Murray 22:57 30 Jul 06

A good free Internet based PC disagnostics tester is Windows Live Safety Centre Beta, offering virus and spyware checks, registry clean up, disk clean up and defragments when required. Its in a beta though, so tread carefully. I used it today and the progress bar takes a while to refresh for example. Find it at the Windows Live Ideas site.

Laurence99 23:18 30 Jul 06

Thanks everyone.
I have downloaded a trial version of TuneUp Utility and it does seem pretty good. Seems to cover everything I wanted and is easy to use and friendly so far. Will see how I get on over the next 30 days :)

freaky 18:09 07 Aug 06

Downloaded it yesterday (TuneUp Utilities), it appears OK, but have not yet deleted any of the hundreds's it is recommending !

Jimmy14 18:21 07 Aug 06

I share the same opinion as yours

sunny staines 19:44 07 Aug 06

Go for Norton system works

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced