PC Builder - Where to buy ?

Jimmy05 23:27 19 Jan 06

Hi I have been Thinking of building some low cost PCs to sell on to people.

Anyone know where I can get PC Parts from a reputable dealer for a low cost ?

Skills 00:14 20 Jan 06

If you want to buy in bulk and get discount then im not sure but there are plenty of online retailers that sell PC goods at very reasonable prices.

Jimmy05 19:57 20 Jan 06

I dont want to buy in bulk as such its just I would like small amounts of each parts to build computers.... any one know any good companies URL or location to warehouse ? thanks

teak goblin 20:52 20 Jan 06

have have bought from this company and found them to be pretty good, sometimes next day delivery
click here

hzhzhz 20:57 20 Jan 06

I have dealt with Advance Technologies quite a few times and have had no problems.

hzhzhz 20:59 20 Jan 06

Had a few of these click here amongst other things.

Skills 21:27 20 Jan 06

Ive brought from ebuyer.com and had no problems others recommend novatech quite often and ive seen people recommend scan.co.uk as well.

Novatech do motherboard kits at quite resonable prices which will give you motherboard CPU and RAM for a little over a hundred depending on what specs you go for

Totally-braindead 21:33 20 Jan 06

Not trying to put you off Jimmy05 but to build your own costs more, people could get a cheaper deal going to the likes of Dell and buying the budget models. If you don't believe me just take a budget PC from any of the manufacturers and try to build it for the same price and thats before you add anything for yourself. The only reason manufacturers can do this is they buy in bulk and get the parts at cost, when they sell a system to someone they make profit on the parts they use. A person on his own can't compete with that when he has to pay full retail price for the parts.

Jimmy05 21:47 20 Jan 06

Totally-braindead - I do understand where you are coming from but some other people (ebay sellers) and such have very low cost PCs I wonder how this is done and where they get the parts. I like the look of advanced technologies but understand that people may aswell go direct to them as totally-braindead has explained.

I wonder though how people on Ebay manage such low prices... shoddy materials ?

€dstowe 08:11 21 Jan 06

Be careful doing this. Any hint that you're running a business rather than doing it for a hobby can get you into all sorts of problems - not least electrical safety regulations.

Totally-braindead 08:55 21 Jan 06

Personally I wouldn't buy a PC off Ebay. I do buy quite a few things off Ebay but PCs are so complicated and so much can go wrong. If I was buying an entire new PC I'd go to a company that had been selling PCs for some time and had some sort of support.
I'm not putting down the people on Ebay or saying you'll get ripped off its just that a new PC is a considerable investment and I'd prefer to deal with a known company with a registered address in case of problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…