PC balanced or bottlenecked

ExoS_HD 19:33 09 Apr 15

Hello,

I'm wondering if somebody can check if the new computer that I am going to build is bottelnecked at any point and if I can overclock my processor on the motherboard that I'm going to use. Also is the power supply that I am going to use sufficient for my setup?

Motherboard: ASRock B85 Pro4

Processor: Intel i7 4790k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 1600MHz (2x4GB)

PSU: Cooler Master G600 (600W)

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX970

CASE: Sharkoon VG4-W

PS: I'm not looking for suggestions on other parts I just want to know if this system is bottlenecked anywhere.

Thanks in Advance!

ExoS_HD 22:29 09 Apr 15

I know the benefits of an ssd and that is also the first upgrade I will add to the build as soon as I can afford one but as for the proccesor, wich i5 Proccesor would you reccomend instead? And on wich motherboard? (Can u keep the price for mobo and proccesor combined the same?)

HondaMan 13:54 10 Apr 15

I would be looking for more RAM, at least 16GB and the HDD seems a little small given the cheapness of HDDs these days. My own Mesh for instance has 7TB of HDD space. True, it's not anywhere near full, but it does give room to breathe

ExoS_HD 20:30 10 Apr 15

Thanks for the feedback guys! I have purchased my setup and I have got the motherboard Rumpelteazer suggested. For the proccesor I also ended up with the 4690k when looking around a bit more. And as far as RAM and HDD space goes, those are expandable so I will add to that when I have the money to do so. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…