Pc Advisor September 2008 - Cant register Fix-it

cynote 16:45 21 Jul 08

Despite several attempts i am still unable to register Fix-it 7.

Without a product code I am unable to download an activation code.

I should also state that the registration screen that I am seeing is nothing like the one displayed in the magazine.

There appears to be nothing wrong with software so it must be down to me.

Could some one please help out with the correct procedure.

day2strike 17:04 21 Jul 08

Suggest you look @ click here

cynote 17:22 21 Jul 08

Thanks for your response day2strike.

However I have already taken note if this issue and it isnt the same problem.

My instal software works perfectly OK, however at the point of registration according to the mag. you are meant to be given an activation code in return, which I am not. So that when I try to run the software for the first time I can't get past the second screen.

TopCat® 19:56 21 Jul 08

I am having similar problems with Fix-it7 in that I don't get the licence key when registering online. Press the submit (my details) and the screen flashes blank and an "error - must close this" message pops onscreen. Machine then has to be rebooted. TC.

Joe R 20:33 21 Jul 08

Just to add a footnote.

I had the same problem, but got the answer from this forum.

I then proceeded to run the program for the first time, causing all types of problems, as in deleting a few files from my graphics software, and leaving my add/remove programs, with only five entries.

Thank god for system restore!.

Fix-it now history.

cynote 22:18 21 Jul 08

Sorry for the late response but Ive just come back in.

Look like this subject is likely to run a bit longer and maybe it might be better giving Fix-it the big "Heave Ho".

However I will continue to let it run until tommorrow and see if anyone else has had any success.

cynote 14:22 22 Jul 08

Appears this subject is now dead and in my case "Fix-it 7" will now remain on the Disc, however as a matter of general interest I would still be interested to hear from anyone who managed to get this software up and running.

day2strike 15:06 22 Jul 08

Use the link in my post (2nd post)
And then PM the Software Editor

mikef. 20:23 22 Jul 08

I've got it running and had no problems at all getting the registration details using the link here click here

RickyC :-) 14:00 23 Jul 08

cynote

As explained in the magazine and on the disc interface, you need to click here to register the software. You will then be presented with an activation code which needs to be entered when you install the software.

We've had several thousand registrations so far, with a few readers emailing me or posting on the forum because they didn't spot the activation code when they registered.

regards
Richard
Software Editor

cynote 15:56 24 Jul 08

Thanks "mikef" & Richard(Software Editor)

Eventually found your link on page 137. although I am obviously extremely grateful I would like to suggest that in future any such Links are printed within the product page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac