PC ADVISOR Responses

atoms 08:38 01 Jul 03

Can I have a small moan about PC Advisor itself?

Last winter there were three very good articles on how to build a PC, together with component lists for budget and power PC's. I am sure there are others who fancy the idea of having a go at some stage in the future, by which time the components will have been updated.

I e-mailed a suggestion that as well as the monthly buying recommendations for PC's etc they should publish a monthly components list of compatible and high performing/good value items. As usual the response was zilch!

Any support among other readers for this idea?

TechMad 09:50 01 Jul 03

They already have a similar section - Look up "Top ten charts" at the back of the magazine. Granted it doesn't cover every single component that is essential to get a PC up and running.

Jester2K II 10:11 01 Jul 03

Can you imagine having to test all the new Mobos, network cards, hard drives etc that come on the market every month?? It would be unfeasable. Maybe one month do a Hard Drive test and the next Mobos etc But not month in, month out....

PCA sees to cover all the most common angles for upgrades such as printers, g cards etc. For more technical products you need to consult shops or users in this forum.

Stuartli 16:09 01 Jul 03

Try TomsHardare or similar websites for all the very latest reviews and tests on components, graphics cards, mobos etc.

atoms 16:40 01 Jul 03

Thanks for the helpful hints in the previous replies.

I wasn't suggesting that every item that comes on the market is tested - that is clearly impractical - but what was the point then of printing the original components lists, when only a very small percentage of readers would be looking to build at the time of publication?

Better products come onto the market over time and if those same original lists were published each month and updated with any new products tested and found to be superior to the original offering the recommendations could easily be kept up to date (imho). But if there are already other sites which do this then I am content to let the matter rest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…