PC Advisor - Publisher is Spamming me

Brian-336451 15:07 23 Apr 04

Is anyone else getting spammed by IDG publications.

Personally, if I wanted the advertising, I'd ask for it.

As it happens, I don't want it.

Is it happening to anyone else?

Sparrowhawk 16:24 23 Apr 04

I do not get 'spam' as you mention.

You might have to CHECK a little box that says 'Please check if you do NOT want to receive communication from us...'

Djohn 17:13 23 Apr 04

No. Have you by any chance entered one of the on-line competitions for a prize and not removed the tick from being contacted regarding further offers?

Me too, I have just started receiving PC advisor junk mail in the last three days. Not signed up for anything through the site, so where is it coming from?

Djohn 17:40 23 Apr 04

PCA would never send "SPAM" of any sort or junk mail, it would be entirely against their principles.

I do receive survey forms and e-mails alerting me to the latest issues or anything they think may be of interest but this was at my request.

I'm sure the reason for this happening is because you chose not opt out of the mail from IDG companies or their associates on signing up. [This can be changed from your personal details] or as above you may have entered a competition and ticked or un-ticked the relevant box regarding them contacting you. This also can be changed.

FE will I'm sure, explain much better than I can why or how this may have happened. j.

Forum Editor 18:18 23 Apr 04

have been a tad more considerate to have contacted me first about this, instead of getting all indignant in a forum thread?

We don't 'spam' anyone. If you have a problem with your membership options perhaps you'll let me know, and we can resolve it between the two of us. I'm certainly not discussing it in public

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…