PC Advisor never review Medion PC's (?)

vaughan007 11:09 23 Apr 03

Just a thought,

I have been reading this website and the PCA magazine for a while.

I dont remember ever seeing a review of a Medion PC (still labeled as Medion and coming nice and cheaply from Aldi or anywhere else) here or in the magazine.

If not....why not?

Most of us agree they are great computers for a great price. So why have I never seen a professional review by the PC Advisor team. I think these systems would fit very nicely into your super budget reviews/charts.

Where are the reviews PC Advisor?

:-)

Goldcroft 11:36 23 Apr 03

Could it be because they are sold in Aldi? Also, I don't think I have ever seen an advertisement by them in the PCA.

Belatucadrus 12:32 23 Apr 03

Got mine via Dabs, so Aldi aren't the only supplier

PC Advisor. 12:38 23 Apr 03

When we review products in the mag, we are dependent on manufacturers to submit machines for testing.

With the number of PC manufacturers available, it's generally up to the manufacturer to contact us to submit a machine for review.

We also like to be confident that a manufacturer has sufficient capacity and distribution to supply machines that are submitted for review - it's no good us giving a product a great review if a reader can't easily buy it.

If Medion wish to contact us to consider being reviewed in the magazine we're more than happy to look in to it - but it's up to them to make the first move in this case.

Thanks,

Will Head, Reviews Editor

vaughan007 13:35 23 Apr 03

Thank you Will,

All is clear now. I doubt we will ever see a Medion review as they sell very very quickly in the UK anyway. So submitting a machine for review would just be a waste of money (on their part).

It is a shame though as I would love to see how they compare against other machines of similar cost.

If anyone from Medion is reading this....submit one next time!

Cheers.

BlitZace 14:18 23 Apr 03

I don't suppose any of you guys know a place on the web that sells Medion PC's? I did a search earlier and couldn't seem to find anything :( JT

TBH1 15:13 23 Apr 03

PC World sell 'em - - -got one right now for £899 with TFT - - - ComputerActive magazine has reviewed these machines in the past.

TBH1 15:14 23 Apr 03

also Toy R Us sell rebadged ones - -Cyber something or other

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:13 23 Apr 03

That would be Cybermaxx. The PCW seems to be the same spec as the Aldi offering but with a TFT monitor as well which explains the price difference.

G

Stuartli 09:41 24 Apr 03

It's generally accepted, judging by comments in this and other forums, that Medion provides excellent systems with top components at remarkable prices.

So you should be able to weigh up whether a system is what you want and go from there.

The only problem, as some have pointed out, is that you are not buying from a recognised computer related outlet; however, Medion does have what is generally regarded as good after sales service by telephone.

So far the only Medion product I have bought is the £99 17in monitor (on behalf of a business friend). It's proved top notch and bears a strong resemblance to some iiyama models; it's well known that many computer items are rebadged.

vaughan007 10:04 24 Apr 03

I have bought a medion PC in the past and a few medion peripherals and I have no complaints.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac