PayPal - what's the limit of a "personal" account?

Bansaw 13:32 26 Feb 09

I have a "Personal, Verified" PayPal account.

But I can't find out what limit of money I can RECEIVE.
I am hoping to sell my camcorder on Ebay and it will sell for about £500.

On the help files its says I should click on the link "view limits" but there is no link.

There are also Premier and Business accounts.
Anyone know the receiving limits?

Grantrh 14:09 26 Feb 09

Looks like its £1700 click here

But remember unless the person who buys your camcorder pays you from a paypal balance (and not funded using credit/debit card) then you wont be able to recieve the funds until you upgarde to premier/business account.

Bansaw 14:27 26 Feb 09

Thanks --
It looks like I may have to upgrade to "Premier" which means payPal will take a chunk of the £500.

I think they take from 1.9% to 2.9% plus $0.30
per transaction.

There doesn't seem to be a fee for upgrading to Premier..? Is that right?

click here

Grantrh 15:10 26 Feb 09

Yes upgrading is free - they get their money from the money you receive - I notice you put a $ sign in front of the 0.30 - are you in The USA because if you are it might be different - I just assumed you were in the UK because PC Advisor is based here as far as I am aware.
Why don't you upgrade only if you need to rather than before the event?

Bansaw 15:24 26 Feb 09

Its funny, but I am in the USA, but I am British and my PayPal account is linked to my UK bank a/c!

The item I want to sell is here in the US and will be appearing on US Ebay.
I may have to set up another PayPal account under a different email addr.

I tried "Adding new bank a/c" but that caused it all kinds of confusion, because it thinks I am in the UK.:s

I have to upgrade before I post on Ebay because I am sure the potential buyer won't have a "balance" in Paypal, but linked to his/her card.

spuds 17:21 26 Feb 09

PayPal and eBay have been making some changes recently, as to the way they are conducting business.

Because you are US based, with a UK PayPal account,I would suggest that you contact PayPal direct for possible answers. They may provide the answers direct or suggest links to their terms and conditions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced