Paypal fake email?

2drewej 17:43 30 Jan 07

hi , i am constantly receiving emails from mail@.support.com addressed "Notification from Billing Department"

it always gets automatically put in my aol spam folder - i was just wondering if anyone else is getting this email. if you look closely at the address there is a dot (.) after Mail@ which is unusual???

the email reads:

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However if you are the rightful holder of the account,click on the link below to log into the account and follow the instructions.

click here

If you choose not to complete the request, you give us no choice but to suspend your account temporary.

It takes at least 72 hours for the investigation in this case and we strongly recommend you to verify your account at that time.

If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of PayPal policy to represent oneself as an other PayPal user.Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. PayPal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related attempts to missapropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request or law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

PayPal Account Review Department.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response.
For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID PP00145

2drewej 17:45 30 Jan 07

....the link given in the email looks legitimate (unless it is a masked link???)

pj123 17:48 30 Jan 07

I guess they have to be scams because I get them as well. I don't have a PayPal account so I just delete them.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:51 30 Jan 07

There are a couple of spelling mistakes and grammar/syntax errors which is rather surprising.

G

anskyber 19:13 30 Jan 07

It has a classic scam look about it. Have you logged onto your account to see if there is anything there rather than through the link?

Have you sent the email to PayPal asking for their comment?

Stuartli 19:15 30 Jan 07

I've always been able to tell the difference between genuine and scam e-Bay and PayPal e-mails, or from the Halifax for that matter, and it's reasonably obvious why...:-)

spuds 19:31 30 Jan 07

It's a scam, I get them on a regular basis. There are a number of obvious mistakes, which can be easily noticed. One usual giveaway is the email address.

PayPal as never suspended my account by any of the above type emails. When they do suspend an account for whatever reason, its a total different type of email, which is very evident that PayPal (UK/Ireland) have sent it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…