payment on order or dispatch?

canard 21:28 14 Apr 03

Please will someone enlighten me.
In the past online shopping sites have extracted their cash when they sent the order.
But I rather overdid a super offer at SplashDVD and they took their money on March 24th. April 12th I received one quarter of my order. The remaining three quarters is paid for but showing no signs whatsoever of being sent.
Is it OK for Splash to do this or are they being naughty?

spuds 22:06 14 Apr 03

Always pays to check the sellers terms and conditions. Some companies take payment on initial order, others take payment on completion of order. A company that I have frequent dealings with, will not take payment until goods are despatched. If my order is for a number of items,they will send me the items in stock, and take payment, the outstanding items will be sent when available, with payment taken then.Personally I am not keen on doing business with companies that have delayed deliveries, but take all money up-front.

canard 22:18 14 Apr 03

If this is legal is there any limit to the period between taking payment and despatching goods? Taken to its logical conclusion delivery could be delayed for years.
How long is it reasonable to wait before protesting about nonarrival of paid for goods?

spuds 22:53 14 Apr 03

It is legal, but perhaps not ethical to take payment before goods are despatched. Always consider that if the company walks, so doe's your money, unless your are covered by the credit consumer act.I would give a company a maximum of 30 days before expecting them to honour my order, after that period I would tend to get a little concerned.Some companies have cash flow restrictions, which make it easier for them to use other peoples money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…