Pay Pal

laurie53 08:56 16 Dec 07

Last evening I received an e-mail from PayPal acknowledging my new address, shortly followed by a receipt for £100+ for an MP3 player and a shipping order.

I e-mailed PayPal and was immediately called back by landline, and also received some confirmatory e-mails.

No signs of any activity on my bank account as yet.

From first email to last was less than a couple of hours.

Just a bit of reassurance for those who are worried about the horror stories.

Technotiger 09:36 16 Dec 07

Hmmm, I was recently involved in my own horror story, so much so, that I have cancelled all dealings with PayPal and eBay and will never again attempt to use either of them. My little saga lasted over a year!

Merry Christmas!

dms05 16:28 16 Dec 07

The problems I had with a fraudulant seller on eBay were dealt with swiftly by PayPal and I recovered fully the money involved. However in your case it's a straight forward transaction error. If you didn't order the mp3 palyer you won't have to pay. Just to be on the safe side I always use a Credit Card rather than my Bank Account as the card supplier has a legal obligation to make right any problems. Most Credit Card suppliers now openly advertise their commitment to refunding for any on-line problems. They are liable wether they openly state so or don't.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…