Partition Magic 8.0

zootmo 20:55 18 Sep 04

Just info. really, I've had reason to partition my C: drive this weekend. In the past I've reinstalled Windows after using fdisc to split the disc, this time I didn't really want to bother.

So, I got myself a copy of Partition Magic 8.0, now, this utility gets a right bad press in some areas in some areas of the web, so I approached it with some caution.

However this is one easy app. to use, completely graphical representation of what you are about to do to the disc, you can tweak the settings to yur hearts content, and then commit, a reboot, all done! Fantastic!

Any Forumites who need who need to do the same sort of thing, have a close look at PM.

One more plus it comes with boot magic and a backup app, good stuff.

ensonricky 21:18 18 Sep 04

I'm not sure what forums you're referring to zootmo but Partition Magic has always had an excellent reputation on this one.

TomJerry 00:10 19 Sep 04

and it is very easy to use as well

OU812 00:34 19 Sep 04

Used it since last yr and have found it to be excellent software that has worked flawlessly each time I have used it.

The only thing I'd say for the uninitiated is that the impression can be given that everything happens in Windows when for the most part the real work after you've confirmed what you want to do in Windows happens in DOS (which can take some time).

smokingbeagle² 08:20 19 Sep 04

Bought it from here.Excellent.
click here
Available thru their eBay listing at £19.99 inc p&p.

It's Me 10:49 19 Sep 04

Its best quality is that it does what it says it will do, flawlessly, which is more than can be said for other pieces of software that we all have to suffer.

zootmo 14:18 19 Sep 04

One tiny thing with P.M. that I found, which may help others, I made some of the partitions FAT 32 from NTFS (for linux) and storage which XP and Linux can read and write to.

There seemed to be an inconsistency between what P.M saw and XP saw, I had P.M insisting that the converted partitions were FAT 32 and XP indicating that the new partitions still NTFS.

So, in the managment console I reformatted the new partitions as FAT 32. Then, XP saw the FAT 32 partitions.

Hope this may help someone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…