Part Return disappointment with dabs.com

Biji 19:55 30 May 03

I’m not too happy with dabs.com and wonder if a word from you might help. I bought, via the net, a Belkin USB hub and a Freecom 120Gig drive. No problems with this bit, the goods arrived and are fine. However, the mistake I made was to order the Freecom with a PCI card as my laptop says it has a PC Card slot accepting two Type II or one Type III cards. The PCI card with the drive was for a desktop computer in a separate plastic covered unit box which I did not open as I planned to return it to dabs. Again no problem as dabs agreed to my returning it but later demanded the return of the drive as well which was already in use with data on it. I explained the situation thinking that they would credit me with the £30 for the card but they refused to budge – return must include the drive. I had returned the PCI card unopened, which they now have and I finished up £30 down and in spite of asking for my complaint to go to David Atherton for consideration, nothing has happened approximately a month later.

Thanks, Ironman, for suggesting new thread

Rayuk 20:59 30 May 03

Why are they asking for the drive as you have ordered 2 different components.Or was it a special offer for the two???if not.

Send them a recorded delivery letter asking for your money giving them 14 days to respond else you are taking court action.

Biji 23:01 30 May 03

Thanks for advice, Rayuk

There were two offers, drive only and drive plus PCI card. I took the latter thinking it usable and it consisted of the two components but wanted to return the PCI card part and thought that they would charge me the price of the drive only and refund the PCI card price. However they wanted both bits back and, as their terms for returns state, must be in original package and/or unopened which I couldn't do as the drive was already in use by then.

Rayuk 11:18 31 May 03

If it was part of a deal I suppose they have the right to ask for both back,but thenwould they deduct a % from you[as compatability reasons are not their concern]

As they said it would be ok just to return the pci card inform them that you want it back or some form of payment in return.

Unfortunately you will loose out cash wise in one way or the other,best to cut your losses.

Rayuk 11:22 31 May 03

Just had a peek at Dabs
120Gb drive with usb 2 card £170
120Gb hard drive £170

Is this the same deal you did,if so I cannot see them giving you any cash as the usb card is a freebie.I think that is the reason they are refusing you any cash,get them to send it back to you and then sell it on

Biji 22:39 31 May 03

With the PCI cardit cost a further £30 or so plus VAT - I can appreciate they won't want to part with cas h buta credit note would have been quite satisfactory especially as I have my eye on the Sony DVD writer!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…