Parcelforce Guaranteed Delivery Service.

shaduf 20:47 19 Apr 08

Last Sunday evening (14th) I completed the required form on the Parcelforce website to arrange collection and delivery of a parcel.
Shortly after I received an email confirmation document saying the parcel would be collected from me the next day (15th) between 10.00 and 18.00 and gave me tracking details. I was also instructed to print off an Online Booking Receipt which would be completed by the driver on collection.
This document confirmed the collection date as the 15th and stated delivery was guaranteed within two working days. I notified the recipient and he made his appropriate arrangements.
Unfortunately, when I arrived home I discovered that they had failed to collect the parcel and telephoning them proved useless as they had closed.
At 8.30 the next morning a driver called to collect the parcel. He apologised for not collecting the day before and I asked if he could upgrade it to next day delivery so as not to disappoint my customer. (They have done this in similar circumstances in the past). No problem he said, and promised to attend to it.
Unfortunately the parcel was not delivered until the morning of Friday the 18th.

I emailed Parcelforce, and suggested they should make some financial recompense.
Their response was:
“We regret that Parcelforce Worldwide does not pay compensation for late collections as the guarantee for delivery does not commence until the item has been collected.”

So on that basis it is not possible to know when you book the transaction when a parcel will be delivered.
When I ordered and paid for the service I assumed we had a contract.
The guarantee is meaningless or am I looking at this the wrong way.

Shaduf

anskyber 21:00 19 Apr 08

Although there is a mark up for this service I have used it on rare occassions without problems, handy living in the wilds of Cumbria. click here

rickf 10:13 20 Apr 08

PF for me is a last resort. To0 many disappointments with them in the past. I always use independent couriers.

spuds 11:05 20 Apr 08

I think that you will find, Parcel Force or any other courier service will not guarantee a delivery or collection, and you will usually find this clause in their terms and conditions.

As for tracking, I tend to find DHL as one of the best, including deliveries from overseas. Business Link is not to bad. Royal Mail and Parcel Force can be an hit and miss affair.

For cheapness, reliability and friendly service Fastway click here might be worth considering.

Stuartli 14:30 20 Apr 08

The constantly changing logistics, on a daily basis, make it remarkable that any courier achieves so much in so little time.

rickf 18:24 20 Apr 08

I agree with spuds. I use DHL thru interparcel and the Tracking is one of the best. Trackable from time of collection.

shaduf 19:45 21 Apr 08

Thanks for all the advice.
My next parcel will certainly be going via someone other than Parcelforce.
Thanks again.
Shaduf

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5