Parcel Force Delivery and Lost Parcel

ajm 14:28 04 Jan 04

In December, one of my family members got a Epson CX6400 All in one printer as a birthday present. She decided that she didnt want it as she already has a HP AIO. She asked me to sell it for her on my ebay account and subsequently I did sell it through Ebay and the printer was posted to a bidder who paid for it privately. I duly received the money and on the 16th of December, the printer was posted to Ireland using Parcel Force International delivery at my local post office
To cut a long story short, the printer never reached the destination and parcel force did not have any record of the parcel or the consignment numbers. They sent out a form and on the form they are asking about proof of purchase and proof of cost to replace the printer.
The printer was given as a present to my family member and to buy a new printer now costs £160.
Will Parcel Force proceed with the claim if i just provide documentation as to how much the printer costs? Any help appreciated

Forum Editor 14:38 04 Jan 04

a copy of the invoice (to prove purchase)and presumably you can get that from whoever bought the printer - Parcel Force won't process the claim otherwise.

In addition you should provide a print from a website that clearly shows the current replacment cost.

What I can't understand is this business of ParcelForce having no record of the consignment. All parcels are barcoded by them, so they can be tracked as they enter (and hopefully leave) the ParcelForce hubs, and it's most unusual for a package to have escaped that process. You should have been provided with a tracking number when you consigned the package, so you could track it through the ParcelForce web site - did you not get that?

ajm 14:43 04 Jan 04

FE. Thank you for your response
When posting the parcel I got a copy of the consignment paperwork. on that it had references nunmber:a CPXXXXXXXXGB and PAXXXXXXXXXX numbers. Both these numbers were used to track the parcel and both numbers came up as invalid. Parcel Force could trace these numbers when i called them up, thus they sent the claim form.

Wilham 20:39 04 Jan 04

For Parcelforce click here;jsessionid=TPDB0AGV1OTWGCRAZRLEOSQKEDGFOQ2K?paf_gear_id=100003&paf_gm=content&paf_dm=full&home=true&bhx=pf&_requestid=331778

Wilham 20:40 04 Jan 04

Sorry about the tail

wee eddie 21:39 04 Jan 04

Parcelforce should be jumping through hoops, not you.

I assume that you stated the contents, when you posted it and also it's value.

You, and the Office at which you posted it, will have these details. I would check their terms of service and if you have the necessary details to prove the act of posting. Tell them to honour their end of the bargain.

ajm 21:43 04 Jan 04

yes i did state the contents and the value. i have filled out the claim form and will post it tomorrow. Hope that does not get lost.....

anchor 19:43 06 Jan 04

Keep us informed of progress.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…