Panrix won't deliver

claluc 15:39 25 Apr 06

I was very impressed by press reviews of a Magnum3500 and decided to go for it.
Credit card was charged in a flash but a lead time of 21 days announced due to "extreme popularity".
History so far is the PC is nowhere to be seen,lead delay has abundantly expired and Customer service keep promising a next day delivery (which doesn't happen) and put up all sort of excuses from missing cases to missing monitors to mixups of unknown sorts etc...
Quality of the service is very very poor, e mails go unanswered and phoning is basically useless, in fact there seems to be only one person answering the various lines. Despite the several automated options available, it is always the same one answering whichever the choice. Requested to speak to a manager but guess what? too busy to come to the phone.
Also requested a written due date confirmation but no luck, they simply don't do it.
In fact they are already in breach of regulations as they never sent any terms and conditions of sale and recess options.
I don't know if and when I will ever see the PC but if the start is anything to go by....................

anchor 15:58 25 Apr 06

Mmmm!. I know what I would do, cancel immediately.

If their sales department are like this, what would they be like if you need support or service?.

Hope they have not taken your money yet.

Stuartli 15:58 25 Apr 06

Contact your credit card company immediately by phobne and fully detail the situation.

It will/should get onto Panrix and sort it out for you or, alternatively, credit your payment to you.

Stuartli 15:59 25 Apr 06

claluc states: "Credit card was charged in a flash..."

Stuartli 16:02 25 Apr 06

Also see:

click here

claluc 16:28 25 Apr 06

Did I say credit card? No I am possibly more stupid than that, it was the debit one and yes it has been charged!

anchor 17:07 25 Apr 06

A debit card; how unfortunate, (to say the least). You have lost so much protection.

The way I personally would go is to send a Special Delivery letter cancelling the order, stating that you require a full refund within 7 days. Failure to do so will lead to immediate legal action to recover your money.

Reading your post, I am afraid I that have an uneasy feeling about Panrix, especially as they took your money before there was any prospect of supplying the goods in a reasonable time span. Their past history does not inspire confidence.

In your other post you mentioned your satisfaction with Evesham; it reminds of the TV advert; "should have gone to Specsavers"; (substitute Evesham for Specsavers).

Good luck!.

Stuartli 17:34 25 Apr 06

If your debit card has the Visa (rather than, say, Switch) logo then you could/could still be OK.

claluc 18:39 25 Apr 06

Thanks Stuartli, it ia a Visa indeed, does anyone has an idea on how you go about claiming? I am probably been too lucky in the past as I have never ever had problems with distant purchases.
Thanks too Anchor, the reason I have not gone back to Evesham is simply because they did not have a matching product in terms of specs and price at that exact moment, but other than this I can only sing their prises so far.
I think a hiccup can happen to all sooner or later, this can become a real problem when you deal with companies who are not up to facing their responsibilities.
I think it should also be up to the media who publish reviews to check companies beyond the merely technical specs of a product.After all what is the point in advertising a Best Buy that can not be delivered?

spuds 20:15 25 Apr 06

claluc-- Have a word with your card company, and see what they can do, also ask if they have a charge-back procedure.

Stuartli 22:21 25 Apr 06

Either contact Visa direct or through your bank.

The Martin Lewis website had a thread a while back (I've done a link in the past to the thread in other forum threads) in which the Halifax Press Officer stated that the bank's Visa backed debit card had equal status to the credit card equivalent.

I've never had to test the claim but obviously it must help your cause.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…