Packard Bell Plea

TheTerminator 13:48 01 May 04

Right, I've installed my parents new computer - uninstalling the previous version of Win XP home (which came with the computer) and re-installed it with a legal version of Win XP Pro...
The problem is that I had a number of "question marked" devices in Device Manager - all but one have been installed by loading the drivers from the packard bell website.

I have one driver with a question mark next to it, and i have no idea what it is for... Is ther a way I can find out what it does (Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller) is all the info I have on it.

As ever, I;m sure someone out there knows the answer.

Thanks

Q-Bie 13:57 01 May 04

Have you installed Service Pack 1? I know Pre-SP1 has limited support for USB 2 onboard hubs, I had the same problem with mine. I installed SP1 and ran through the driver wizard and it found drivers for the onboard USB.

q

TheTerminator 14:03 01 May 04

Will feedback later

URRA 09:54 02 May 04

I had difficulty downloading SP1 from Microsoft. If you can not download from the Microsoft, you can order the SP1 CD from them at no charge. You would need to have a close look on the SP1 download site for the info.

TheTerminator 10:50 02 May 04

I still have not resolved this despite installing SP1. THerefore I will keep an eye on the PC until something happens and then see if i can work out what driver is needed.

Thanks

Q-Bie 12:14 02 May 04

What model Packard Bell PC is it? As a PCW employee I can take a look on the Packard Bell Dealer support website and see if the USB drivers are available there.

q

TheTerminator 12:30 02 May 04

click here

and the serial no is PA04082792

I hope this of some use..

Q-Bie 21:24 02 May 04

Cheers,

I'll look it up tomorrow and post the relevant info here.

q

Q-Bie 08:40 03 May 04

Right,

According to Docs the Mobo is an MSI Quasar (MS6786) with a Via KT400 chipset.

Download the Via Hyperion chipset drivers and USB drivers from...

click here

click here

That should sort it out...

q

TheTerminator 10:21 03 May 04

I will give this a go and let you know how it works...

Thanks a bunch. I won't be able to do this for a week or two (I don;t trust my parents to do this...), but I will report how it works.

3 Cheer for PCW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now