Packard Bell Imedia 5054

Jopaly 17:22 28 Mar 03

Could anyone out there please advise me whether the above system is any good......I have seen it on sale in Currys for £380.

I want a PC for the family, which will also copy CD's etc. It's main use will be for Internet browsing. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Eagie 19:26 28 Mar 03

It should certainly do what you have mentioned - but when you are buying a computer remember to consider what you may want to do with it in the future. No point buying a machine now that will be no use in a years time.

I have a Packard Bell Iextreme and soon found that the motherboard didn't have that many pci slots making upgrades a problem. But that may not be an issue for you.

Also to be considered is that the price doesn't include a monitor (according to the website).

That said it seems a good enough deal to me - but you may want to check out your local computer shop first (if after sales support is important your local shop is probably a better bet). There are quite a few threads on this forum about new machines - a quick search will no doubt bring up some suggestions from members more knowledgeable than me!

Bryan Hardy 08:07 17 Nov 03

I own the Imedia PC and up to date its done me proud. Indeed i have had problems with it but in the long run its fine. Eagie is right though you should plan for the future especially with the sudden demand for higher speed processors etc
The pc you have will do what you want very comftably but for a little more money you could get a lot more?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…