Overheard in Curry's....

realist 19:19 25 Mar 09

Salesman was trying to sell a customer Norton with a laptop claiming that "free" AV's like AVG "only quarantine viruses they don't remove them, to remove then you'd have to pay £40 a time".

Covergirl 19:26 25 Mar 09

Or tactic, depending on which side of the counter you are.

MAT ALAN 19:46 25 Mar 09

Clown should be exposed, glad i didn't hear it, just another ploy to boost your sales bonus....

Forum Editor 20:09 25 Mar 09

it might simply have been innocent ignorance of the truth. Calling someone a 'clown' without knowing the full story is a little harsh.

Stuartli 20:26 25 Mar 09

..or perhaps trying to boost sales commission?

MAT ALAN 20:30 25 Mar 09

Maybe, but don't doubt for a minute that it does happen..

rickf 22:03 25 Mar 09

well, if he is so ignorant howcome he is working in a compuetr store??? Call me cynical but I tend to agree with the others. It's a scam!!

only quarantines viruses I could perhaps believe as genuine ignorance...

To actually state that it costs £40 a shot to remove viruses is almost certainly a deliberate lie.

tullie 10:09 26 Mar 09

If someone gets a job anywhere,it doesent make them an expert.He either doesent know or is being encouraged to sell something,strange that.

Al94 10:38 26 Mar 09

A friend of mine was told exactly the same thing by a steff member when in local PC World this week buying a laptop, in fact he rang me on his mobile from the store to check out what he had been told - needless to say I told him it was rubbish and he is now using Avast free edition with confidence!

anchor 15:12 26 Mar 09

A similar thread

click here

Curry's, like PC World, is part of the Dixon Stores Group. It seems that experienced staff are being made redundant, and replaced by young and inexperienced salesmen. The pressure on them to sell-sell-sell is considerable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017