Overclockers.co.uk - Steer clear ?

quickgld 22:35 03 Apr 05

I was all set to buy a complete system from OcUK. It had all that I needed and at a very reasonable price, so I phone their sales line but it rings continuously but with no answer. I wanted to post a query on their forum but registration has been disabled. How very odd?

So now I'm wondering what sort of company this is and after some googling I don't like what I've read. Now I am glad I didn't get through to the sales number.

Are there other reputable suppliers that anyone can recommend. Ideally I'm looking to buy a complete system but after sales support is just as important.

TomJerry 11:00 04 Apr 05

used a few times, no problem, returned one item (change of my mind), no problem

a lot of on-line companies do not answer phones even they list phone number

every company has up and down side, it is not good idea to make judgement based on one order

if you want to talk to someone or have hand holding when you when a PC, PC World or local corner shop maybe your choice

the prices ordered in PC World are not bad nowdays

ste_bla 11:55 04 Apr 05

They have had a massive explosion in sales and are currently upgrading the phone system.

After sale problems can be sorted via a email/enote system (like ebuyers one).

The forums is not there to dicuss shop matters. There is no more registerations at the moment as it is so popular and they are currently upgrading it.

I personally spend £900 on my PC which i built myself one RMA which took a week, also next day delivery very nice

Starfox 11:58 04 Apr 05

Just as TomJerry say "never had a problem with them",can't say other than that really.

maybe you could try these instead click here

Kate B 12:47 04 Apr 05

I ordered a processor for my brother late last year (birthday present) and wasn't terribly impressed with it arrived just wrapped in bubblewrap with no further packaging.

And I got a snotty response from them when I emailed pointing this out which implied that I was an idiot for not knowing what OEM equipment is.

I had no further response when I emailed back saying I know exactly what OEM is and that I do at least expect delicate things like processors to be slightly better packaged - so I won't be buying from them again.

apatia77 10:19 05 Apr 05

Spend 1000 pounds on a system, received system not as advertised. They collected my system 2 weeks ago, no reply from them yet, calling them but the lines are engaged, emailing them but they dont reply. Stay away from them !!!

quickgld 19:31 05 Apr 05

OcUK were at one time very good but their quality of service has gone downhill rapidly as the multitude of comments on these pages below suggests.

click here
click here

ste_bla made an interesting comment that the OcUK forum is not there to discuss shop matters. This is true. However I'm inclined to believe that the reason that their forum registration is disbabled has nothing to do with them being popular or in need of upgrade but because irate and unhappy customers have been using their forum to voice their complaints about OcUK's shoddy service.

I think apatia77 has the best advice that I'm certainly going to follow. Stay well away from them.

Forum Editor 23:30 05 Apr 05

with this (or any other company), but do NOT exhort other forum members to "Stay well away from them".

All of us can make our own judgments, based on what we read here or elsewhere.

Beas-Knees 19:11 07 Apr 05

Ordered from them monday-e.mail to say items despatched tuesday- parcel received wednesday- can't do any better than that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…