Overclockers UK - Great Service

Jdoki 15:33 31 Oct 04

After posting about a poor experience with another company I thought I'd post a positive experience for a change!

As my old PC seemed to be on it's last legs I ordered some kit from OcUK via their website (click here). The following day my PC died completely so I decided to add to my order and build a completely new rig.

I called them up, and the Salesperson was extremely helpful. After placing my order he went through each line (including the original website order I was adding to), and told me whether items were in stock - and where they were not, offered sensible alternatives (both in terms of performance and cost). He even explained why he thought the particular alternatives were suitable.

The only item he was not sure about stock levels for was a DVD writer with a silver front I had requested - but he assured me that 'he would check it out'.

I received the components a day or so later, however they sent me a beige DVD writer, instead of the Silver one I wanted.

It transpired that OcUK had sent me the beige drive as they did not have Silver ones in stock, and didn't want to delay my order over something so trivial... Another day or so later I received a package with a Silver bezel in. It was a simple task to swap them over.

A lesser company may have either held up my order or just sent me the wrong drive and left it at that.

I have used Overclockers UK a few times over the years, and have never had reason to complain - even when returning parts for testing/replacement.

spuds 17:31 31 Oct 04

That's how to be customer friendly, why cannot others follow the same route, easy when you think about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…